These shoes have quite a story. They are disney princess light up "spectaculars" We bought Avery her first pair this past April and lost them after our trip to Disneyland. This past month she found the box her shoes came in and would bring me the box with this super sad face and I had to tell her we lost them. She told me " mom make Avery so happy, go to the store and get Avery princess shoes" So of course I loaded her up we went looking for the shoes and they only had them in a size 3 and Avery is a size 9 she was so excited when she found them that she put the size 3 on and pathetically wore them around the store saying " mom Avery's so happy" Of course they convieniently didn't have any more in her size in the whole valley and I'm talking about no size 8 1/2, 9, 10,11. However I didn't figure this out until after I called all 30 stores in the valley. So I was done looking they weren't online the company had discontinued them and it just wasn't going to happen. Then Avery made her sad face again and I got this crazy idea to call all the stores in Utah and have someone in our family pick them up. I called another 30 stores with no luck and had one more store to call and they ended up having them. It was a miracle. My sweet mother-in-law bought the shoes shipped them to us and Avery has never been so happy. I'm a sucker I know but you should have seen her reaction when she opened the box of shoes. It was worth every minute of the search!
A few nights later she was still in love this is how I found her after I had put her to bed in her bed she must have gotten out grabbed her shoes and cuddled up with them in her chair. She truly loves these shoes. If this has anything to do with the future I am in big trouble!
1 comments:
i loved talking to you! hey atleast she is sleeping with shoes...i have a picture i need to post with gavin holding a sword and a pirate gun to protect him at night from the pirate monsters. should i be worried? shoes i think are a healthy addiction... better than swords and guns right?
Post a Comment