Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Joshua


This is Lauren and all you mothers out there recognize this nice little set-up. I am sure you can tell exactlly what is going on here. This was pre epideral. A nice off the chart type of contraction. On Sept. 23rd my sister-in-law called and told me that she had her membranes stripped and I said wow so you're going to have the baby today like 2 weeks early and she said well hopefully by Friday which was days away. I asked if she was in labor and she said she was having a few contractions. So I told her to call me if anything changed. She assured me she thought it would be a while. In 2 hours I got a phone call it was Lauren she said she sat up on the couch and peed her pants, k just kidding her water broke. So she was off to the hospital and so was I with dinner for her hubby. Jeff stopped by after work and I stayed all through the night tried to sleep at points but that didn't really happen all too well. Then when she was a 10 at like 5 in the morning I was sure he would be arriving soon, but the doctors took there sweet time. So the morning of the 24th I left dropped Avery off at pre-school and drove to pick up Lauren's mother from the airport. At that point she was going to start pushing at 8:45 and the airport was 20 minutes away. Somehow we made it back right around the time he was born but missed it by just minutes. I felt kind of bad b/c I kind of missed the exit for the hospital and we had to take the next freeway exit and back track. Oh well. He is a healthy cute little guy and we're so glad he is finally here!




Avery loves him and from time to time she will stick out her tummy and say "mommy look I have a baby (juicy wa) in my tummy" That's Avery's version of Joshua's name by the way.





Picture taken, thanks to Avery

Baby Joshua a month later. Isn't he handsome?






0 comments: