Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Garage Sales?


Last years garage sale: 3hours from 6:00-9:00 made $350 no problems, got other people to take my junk off my hands.

This year did the same thing set up my signs which I always get compliments on b/c they are so efficient and had a stupid neighbor just down the road buy a sign the same color as ours which made my signs convieniently lead them to their house and miss ours all together. After 3 hours and only like 5 customers I closed up shop and had a nice neighbor point out what had happened. Due to my success from the year before and her success the week before I knew that's what had led to our lack of customers.

So I left everything in the garage, and posted signs up the following Friday night, this is where I ran into Mr. Jerk who also changed his signs to bright green like mine and started posting everywhere that I had posted just pointing the other direction to his sale down the road. I asked him if all his signs were green just so I could change mine to not confuse drivers. He quickly responded " my signs can be whatever color I want and I can put them up wherever I want" I was like cool dude you do that I was just trying to help and left shocked at his response. I decided to wait until early the next morning to post the rest of my signs to clear up any confusion. As I drove the course early that next morning I realized "Mr. Jerk" was also stupid and decided to pick a fight with Mrs. "don't take crap" He had taken my arrows and turned them around pointing toward his sale. So I kindly turned my arrows around......and then went and turned all of his arrows around too( pointing toward my sale). Anyway my sale went fabulous that next morning it was like night and day. $550 dollars in 4 hours not quite sure how his sale went but "two can play at his game" as toddler often say "He started it" :)

1 comments:

Staheli Family said...

Good for you. What a jerk! And holy cow, I can't believe that you made that much money!!! I really doubt I could make that... of course I would probably buy the stuff you sell. Mine, not so much. hehe