In a small town just 3 hours North of Chandler Arizona is a very small town called Williams, for the past couple years they have turned their train into the Polar Express. Since tickets for the weekends seem to sell out the year before we went during the week with my cousin Michelle and her kids from Las Vegas. We had a great time. We watched the Polar Express movie 3 times in a row, and yes Avery " I believe" how could I not after watching the same show over and over again. We took 3 layers of clothes b/c it was freezing, I personally went as far as buying the hand warmers you put in your shoes and gloves b/c it got down to like 32 degrees and I was freezing my butt off. People kind of looked at me wierd but probablly more so b/c I was constantly droping the random packs of dirt everywhere. I'm sure they just didn't know what the heck the things were or why I was making my daughter carry them around. So the adventure started like this...Pictures speak a thousand words, need I say more.

We saw Mrs. Claus, wrote letters to Santa, mailed them, made count down chains hung them on trees cuz that's what Avery wanted to do with hers. Went out for a pizza dinner and waited with much anticipation for the train. Short and sweet version of Avery wish list to Santa... I want an Ariel Doll, and an Ariel and an Ariel doll. Brilliant I know. and a bell from Santa.
Here is Avery using the hip manouver to keep her view while waiting for the train.
Once on the train we drank hot chocolate, had cookies which Avery thought were delicious b/c it wasn't more than 5 seconds after I got my cookie that it was pried from my hand to be her seconds. We listened to The Polar Express Story, sang songs and got exactlly what Avery had wanted. A Bell from Santa's Sleigh. 
If I didn't believe before, I do now for sure, I can't tell you how many times I have heard... "I believe, I believe, I believe" While ringing the bell like crazy. It's pretty cute.
Once we were done for the night we realized we had accidently booked the wrong hotel and that our hotel was 45 miles North of Wiliams in the Grand Canyon, so we climbed in my cousins car and cruised to the hotel and froze our butts off when we finally realized the freaking heater was blowing cold air. (Yes I slept with my hand warmers) Side note: When we were in 6th grade learning about ancient Egypt, we were asked to name the 3 things we would want to be burried with and one of my 3 choices was my Hot Water Bottle. So anyway we decided to check out the Grand Canyon the next morning after a fabulous breakfast. which by the way, when Avery was asked "Avery what do you want for Breakfast " She held up 3 fingers and said oh, an Ariel Doll, a Bell from Sant (oh already got that mom) and some ORANGE JUICE! That's what I call Christmas on the Brain.
The Grand Canyon

0 comments:
Post a Comment